If you have sports in your life, this definitely is one for you! I sprained my ankle recently, and I healed it rather quickly and easily using mostly homeopathy. That helped me quickly get back to my full-time responsibilities and, more importantly, living my fullest, highest life.
Of course, sharing is what I do, so the day-by-day follows the video, and a printable PDF gives you a handy, fileable reminder of the basic how-to.
The first thing was to pour my Arnica Spray on it–that’s Arnica 200c dissolved in water.
Then I took Arnica 1M as well as the Sprains & Strains combination, which contains Arnica 200, Rhus Tox 200, and Ruta 200.
It became clear that I needed the higher potency of Arnica, so I ended up using only Arnica 1M for Days 1 & 2.
I kept my leg elevated and as immobile as possible, wrapped my ankle, and I did not ice it.
I continued to use Arnica 1M as dictated by pain, wrapped my ankle, and kept it elevated most of the time.
I also went to the chiropractor, because it felt like a bone was out of place. She found two bones out of place and set them back to their allotted positions. That did bring some extra relief, and I was glad I had gone in for the adjustment because I felt my body had one less point of healing to accomplish on its own.
That night, I realized that I had not put any further topical treatment on it so I used my First Aid Spray, which contains Arnica as well as Calendula and Hypericum 200c. I used that because I had it handy. Given an easy choice, I would have used only the Arnica topically.
When I awoke in the middle of the night to help my daughter, I realized on my way back to bed that I had walked and not crawled to help her — and that I felt fine!
So, I was surprised to awaken in the morning and feel pain again.
Fortunately, I realized that the X Factor here was the topical, so I used that again starting on Day 3, to great effect.
Knowing that two days on the Arnica 1M was sufficient, I forced myself to quit, even though I was a tad worried because it had helped so incredibly with the pain the first two days. I thus switched at that point to my Sprains & Strains combo–200c of Rhus Tox, Arnica, and Ruta, both internally and externally for one day.
I was surprised on Day 3 to be able to bear weight on my ankle and to be able to flex it. My husband, who played a lot of soccer and thus suffered his fair share of ankle injuries, was amazed to see me flexing my ankle already. I was mighty pleased myself.
About the Topical: I used a topical application that I made in olive oil, but you could also use the remedies in water [and in lower potency, more often], if that is what you have on hand. You could add a few drops of oil to your water to help it ‘stick’ to the surface of your skin, too. If you would like purchase a topical preparation from me, that’s available too.
I continued to improve. So did my ankle ;].
I began tapering off my use of the topical to every 2 days, then as needed.
DISCLAIMER: THIS INFORMATION IS FOR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY
- The information on this site is posted for educational purposes only, and not intended to constitute medical advice. As with any important medical matter, you are advised to consult an experienced health care provider concerning your specific health concerns.
- No doctor-patient relationship is intended, implied or created by the posting or viewing of information on this site; nor is a doctor-patient relationship created by the submission or exchange of questions or information via email or otherwise with Pamela Lialias.
- Readers are responsible for their use of information provided on this blog or linked to from this site. Pamela Lialias assumes no liability for the same.
- Pamela Lialias has made reasonable efforts to ensure the accuracy of information on this blog site, but absolute accuracy is not guaranteed.
- Always check with your health care provider.