One of my most surprising homeopathic learnings this year was of the value of the remedy ipecac for respiratory issues.
Unfortunately, I learned of it from my naturopath when my son suddenly had trouble breathing during a bout of croup. Homeopathic ipecac 30c had him breathing reasonably well by the time we made it to the emergency room [though we gave him the recommended chest x-ray and steroid anyway…then we dealt with the side-effects of those interventions homeopathically!].
When I called to order more homeopathic ipecac 30c from the pharmacy, my intuition told me to buy a big bottle, and I thought, “uh-oh.” Indeed, there are coughs going around that would benefit from homeopathic ipecac. These are phlegmy coughs, sometimes with a hoarse voice, where there is either wheezing or difficult coughing from super tough mucous in the throat.
Homeopathic ipecac is in some homeopathic kits, and also is available at most health food stores in the handy blue vials.
Consider water dosing in sips if you have a small amount of the remedy and want to stretch it out!
DISCLAIMER: THIS INFORMATION IS FOR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY
- The information on this site is posted for educational purposes only, and not intended to constitute medical advice. As with any important medical matter, you are advised to consult an experienced health care provider concerning your specific health concerns.
- No doctor-patient relationship is intended, implied or created by the posting or viewing of information on this site; nor is a doctor-patient relationship created by the submission or exchange of questions or information via email or otherwise with Pamela Lialias.
- Readers are responsible for their use of information provided on this blog or linked to from this site. Pamela Lialias assumes no liability for the same.
- Pamela Lialias has made reasonable efforts to ensure the accuracy of information on this blog site, but absolute accuracy is not guaranteed.
- Always check with your health care provider.