The Quick Six: Immune Support
I’ve written a fair amount about immune support. Most of us don’t care to fall ill, for some of us it is especially problematic, and for some of us some of the time it is especially problematic.
Constitutional homeopathic work typically takes people a long way toward a healthy immune system. And if you have a really good match with your homeopathic remedy, you likely could simply take a dose of your constitutional if you feel something coming-on or avoid it with some simple support like vitamin C. For this Quick Six kit, you might get a kit that holds a few extra remedies so you can carry your constitutional remedy with you.
For those of you just looking for a general immune supporter or a works-on-anyone-anytime kind of an immune booster, here are my suggestions for your Quick Six kit.
Oscillococcinum. Dana Ullman calls it the equivalent of homeopathic chicken noodle soup. The manufacturer says it is for reducing the severity and duration of the flu. I say it has helped us avoid the flu, particularly when taken in micro doses [a few granules rather than a whole vial] when you know you’ve been exposed to the flu.
Spirit also gave me this formula for immune support: echinacea angustifolia 12c + echinacea purpurea 9c + propolis 200c + chelidonium 6c. You likely will recognize the first three–echinacea and propolis. The chelidonium is a liver tonic, recommended as mother tincture for avoiding mosquito bites and therein tropical illnesses. This has worked wonders for us both in terms of preventing illness with micro-doses and knocking-out a full-blown flu when a full dose was taken as soon as the cold sweat and weary feeling set in..
I take one of these remedies [and give it/them] daily during exposure and/or when I can feel that I am fighting-off an illness. As long as we stay on top of it and take other reasonable steps for optimal health [like avoiding alcohol, sleeping adequately, and avoiding sugar], these remedies have helped us stave-off illness surprisingly well.
If you’re using it preventively, you also can put it in water. But if you are actively fighting off illness, I’ve found that it’s better to take at least half a dose, if not a full dose.
DISCLAIMER: THIS INFORMATION IS FOR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY
- The information on this site is posted for educational purposes only, and not intended to constitute medical advice. As with any important medical matter, you are advised to consult an experienced health care provider concerning your specific health concerns.
- No doctor-patient relationship is intended, implied or created by the posting or viewing of information on this site; nor is a doctor-patient relationship created by the submission or exchange of questions or information via email or otherwise with Pamela Lialias.
- Readers are responsible for their use of information provided on this blog or linked to from this site. Pamela Lialias assumes no liability for the same.
- Pamela Lialias has made reasonable efforts to ensure the accuracy of information on this blog site, but absolute accuracy is not guaranteed.
- Always check with your health care provider.