If you aren’t already familiar with how to dose using homeopathy, please read the As Needed post, which explains how to implement the homeopathic Minimum Dose.
If you carry just a single dose of remedy in your wallet, you can make one dose into many doses simply by dissolving it in a water bottle. Ideally, you will use purified water and a bottle with a sports spout to minimize the addition of backwash. Each teaspoon or little squirt or sip you take is a dose of the remedy. If you have a topical injury [e.g., burn, sprain, bruise], you also can apply some of that remedy water to your injury. Works like a charm, usually within 10 minutes — you might not even need to take the oral dose!
Onto the remedies…
Trauma–emotional and physical
These are the most crucial. If I only carried one, I’d carry Arnica. Two, Arnica and Aconite.
Shock, fright. Something happens, you are shaken and cannot truly calm down. Aconite. Also called Aconitum Napellus. One dose of 200c typically is sufficient, especially if you take it soon after the event. If you only have 30c, you may need 2-3 doses.
Swelling, bruises. You fall, you are in an accident, and you sustain an injury. Arnica. Also called Arnica Montana. If it just hurts, take nothing or a dose of 30c. If you are thinking, “This could be pretty bad,” take a dose of 200c. Do not take another dose unless the previous dose gave you improvement which subsequently waned. And certainly seek medical care when necessary! If your injury was to a nerve-rich area, such as fingers, toes, or tailbone, turn to Hypericum where you normally would turn to Arnica.
Owies–emotional and physical
If you have space for a few more remedies, consider these, especially if you are prone or have kids who are prone …
Sprains and Strains. If you or your kids are active in sports, it would be worthwhile to either just take Arnica 200 with you [or send it with them] or to make a little combination of Arnica, Rhus Tox, and Ruta in 200c potencies for injuries with the uh-oh factor. Arnica for swelling and muscle injury, Rhus Tox for ligament/tendon injury, and Ruta for connective tissue/tendons.
Sorrow. Ignatia for ailments from grief [when you are so sad, you just cannot get a grip].
Ruh-roh–I think I’m gonna …
Overdoing it. Too much rich food, too much drink, even too much work. Nux Vomica! Way too much coffee or tea leave you feeling sick? Chamomilla does the trick [you’ll probably need the 200c if you’re that sick]!
Key Fob Kit . Remedia makes a great little key fob that holds 3 vials of remedy. Choose from their selection [Arnica 200, Ledum 200, and Nux Vomica 200] or get empty vials and fill them with your choice of remedies.
DISCLAIMER: THIS INFORMATION IS FOR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY
- The information on this site is posted for educational purposes only, and not intended to constitute medical advice. As with any important medical matter, you are advised to consult an experienced health care provider concerning your specific health concerns.
- No doctor-patient relationship is intended, implied or created by the posting or viewing of information on this site; nor is a doctor-patient relationship created by the submission or exchange of questions or information via email or otherwise with Pamela Lialias.
- Readers are responsible for their use of information provided on this blog or linked to from this site. Pamela Lialias assumes no liability for the same.
- Pamela Lialias has made reasonable efforts to ensure the accuracy of information on this blog site, but absolute accuracy is not guaranteed.
- Always check with your health care provider.